We have established a Google File for history and news about Wyoming Writers, Inc. members, and we need a Historian to manage it. If you would like to volunteer to be the Historian for Wyoming Writers, Inc., contact Tom Spence at email@example.com. Meanwhile if you have member news to file, send it to our Administrative Assistant, Ann, at firstname.lastname@example.org. The file will be available for scrutiny and research to members.
Governor Mead Appoints Eugene M. Gagliano of Buffalo as Poet Laureate
TESTIMONIALS Praise 42nd Conference
“I want to thank each and everyone that honored me during the 2016 WWI writing contest. It was great to visit with old friends and meet new ones at the Riverton meeting. A special thank you to Margaret Smith-Braniff for answering my many questions and her patience. I am proud to be a new member of the Wyoming Writers. You are a positive force in our state, and your kind recognition of my writing came at a critical time in my life. Thank You!” – Tory Taylor, Dubois
“I’m writing this letter to express my thanks and gratitude for the Emmie Mygatt Scholarship provided to me, enabling me to attend the 2016 Wyoming Writer’s Conference in Riverton. The Conference was informative, phenomenal, educating and life-changing. I hadn’t been to a conference since I was seventeen, when I won Young Authors (1984). I’m so grateful I got to attend this year.” – Tammy Dominguez, Casper
THANK YOU to our 2016 conference sponsors
The Wyoming Writers Inc. 42nd Annual Conference is made possible through the support of our conference sponsors, which include the Wyoming Arts Council, Wind River Hotel and Casino, Wind River Visitors Council, and the Homer A. & Mildred S. Scott Foundation.
LEARN MORE about our sponsors.
For more post-conference news, visit our Conference page!
I was surprised at the 2016 Riverton conference to discover even board members are not aware of how WW, Inc. benefits members. So here, with a few additions, is the sheet of benefits Susan Mark prepared at the 2015 Cheyenne conference explaining “What WW Inc. can do for you — online and off!”
~ Chris Williams, Treasurer (ex-officio)
Wyoming Writers exists to support writers in all genres at all levels of expertise. We are here to help you:
- Membership directory: OPT-IN only. Please email the administrative assistant at email@example.com to let us know exactly how you want your entry to read. (If you just tell us “include me,” we don’t know which pieces of info – address, email, phone, etc. – you want us to include.
- Local writing group listings: In the Members Only (password protected) part of the WW, Inc. website. Find a group accepting participants near you. Or, if you don’t see your group listed, let the administrative assistant know at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we’ll add it.
- Social media: Wyoming Writers, Inc. is on Facebook and Twitter. Follow our page, join the group, and send us your Twitter handle so we may keep in touch. Add @WyoWriters to the end of your Tweets so we can find you in our notifications.
- Yahoo! message board: To reach Wyoming Writers members with questions, announcements, news of appearances and writing events that won’t wait for the next newsletter. We don’t spam members with unsolicited emails, so tell us you want to receive these and we will send you an invitation to join the board: email@example.com.
- Conference Presenters: We strive to provide the best experience we can with our presenters at the annual conference. We welcome suggestions from members as to writers, editors and agents you believe we should invite: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Publish and Promote…
- Writing opportunities: We list writing opportunities on both the website and in the newsletter.
- Pitch sessions: We invite editors and/or agents to every conference so you can pitch your work to them.
- Your news: We gladly post your recent publications and successes to the website and publish them in the newsletter. Email news to email@example.com.